The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's Keslie's Turn

We're back from Utah and my Grandmothers funeral. Although a sad occasion, it's actually a relief to know that she is free from pain. My grandmother has not been herself for about 15 years now. I remember her as a person who had a awesome zest for life, who wouldn't take no for an answer, who lived the gospel 100% of the time and expected the same of her children and grandchildren. As a child, my mother would often shake her head at me (when I was being the most stubborn) and say "You're exactly like your grandmother". I am so proud to be like her. She truly was a spiritual pioneer in my life and I'll never forget her.

So here's to Grandma. I love you so much and will miss you, but know you're in a better place. Give Grandpa a kiss hello for me.

Three days after we got back from Utah, we headed to California for our little nephew, Curran's funeral. He was three days younger than Grayson. Diagnosed with Luekemia at only a few months of age, he'd been battling it for about seven or eight months. It's always so hard when someone that young passes. We are grateful we were able to attend and support Becca and Todd as they went through that difficult day. Becca and Todd-I will always be grateful to your little boy for all that he taught me and my family during his short life. I love that his name means "smiling hero" because we all know that's what he truly was. We love you guys!

It's funny how life goes on even though something life changing happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home