While Daddy's away....

Most of you know that Judah's a traveling man these days. We haven't seen much of him for the past couple of month. Clients in D.C. and L.A. keep him hopping from one side of the continent to the other. You'd think he was Superman..."able to leap from one side of the continent to the other in a single bound." We do ok when he's gone but we sure miss him. I'm almost positive, I have an "easy" button (think Staples commercials) that turns me into a raving lunatic. When Judah's gone, the kids push it constantly. It sure keeps me humble and helps me learn patience.
I've come up with a list of pros and cons to Judah being gone:
Pros:
I get all the pillows on the bed to myself
I can watch whatever TV I want
I get a lot of sympathy from friends, family, ward members
The kids and I don't have to be home for dinner if we don't want to
Sometimes I get a present when he comes home (that's Shani's favorite thing about dad being gone)
Cons:
The kids don't have their daddy
I don't have anyone to snuggle
I miss the daily kisses, hugs and massages
I have to sleep by myself
I just end up working all night
I don't have someone to help me clean up the house at night
Watching whatever TV you want gets pretty old pretty quick
The house goes into self destruct mode and always seems to be just above the level of "pig-stye"
I become starved for adult conversations especially late at night
I overeat because there not much else to keep me occupied
My excercise routine flies out the window
I have to mow the lawn and take out the trash..yuck!
I could go on...but wont.


Onto other news....I heard the baby's heartbeat at my first appointment. Yeah! There is something in there. We don't know exactly when and no gender yet. We'll know an exact due date June 8th...keep you posted. I can't shake this eerie feeling that I'm not really pregnant until I hear the heartbeat for the first time. The relief that washes over me is amazing.
Our kids are doing very well. Shani is so stinkin' smart. I don't know where she came from Today we were driving to church in the car and listening to church music. She knew all the words and I'm embarrassed to say that we don't listen to church music that often. In the few short months she's been a sunbeam, she's picked up on so much. Yikes! What else has she picked up on.
G-man is a sponge and a mimic right now. His vocabulary is just exploding. H can say, Mac, Guido, and Tractor (guess where he learned those words!). He says Shani, but is comes out Nanie. He drives his cars all over the house. It's so cute because he's such a little boy. Nursery is miserable....anyone have any tips. Today he screamed so hard when I was gone, they brought him back to me with a bloody nose (maybe he was punched?).
I've spent too much time on this. We love and miss you all.
Love Us.
I've come up with a list of pros and cons to Judah being gone:
Pros:
I get all the pillows on the bed to myself
I can watch whatever TV I want
I get a lot of sympathy from friends, family, ward members
The kids and I don't have to be home for dinner if we don't want to
Sometimes I get a present when he comes home (that's Shani's favorite thing about dad being gone)
Cons:
The kids don't have their daddy
I don't have anyone to snuggle
I miss the daily kisses, hugs and massages
I have to sleep by myself
I just end up working all night
I don't have someone to help me clean up the house at night
Watching whatever TV you want gets pretty old pretty quick
The house goes into self destruct mode and always seems to be just above the level of "pig-stye"
I become starved for adult conversations especially late at night
I overeat because there not much else to keep me occupied
My excercise routine flies out the window
I have to mow the lawn and take out the trash..yuck!
I could go on...but wont.


Onto other news....I heard the baby's heartbeat at my first appointment. Yeah! There is something in there. We don't know exactly when and no gender yet. We'll know an exact due date June 8th...keep you posted. I can't shake this eerie feeling that I'm not really pregnant until I hear the heartbeat for the first time. The relief that washes over me is amazing.
Our kids are doing very well. Shani is so stinkin' smart. I don't know where she came from Today we were driving to church in the car and listening to church music. She knew all the words and I'm embarrassed to say that we don't listen to church music that often. In the few short months she's been a sunbeam, she's picked up on so much. Yikes! What else has she picked up on.
G-man is a sponge and a mimic right now. His vocabulary is just exploding. H can say, Mac, Guido, and Tractor (guess where he learned those words!). He says Shani, but is comes out Nanie. He drives his cars all over the house. It's so cute because he's such a little boy. Nursery is miserable....anyone have any tips. Today he screamed so hard when I was gone, they brought him back to me with a bloody nose (maybe he was punched?).
I've spent too much time on this. We love and miss you all.
Love Us.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home