The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

12-3-06






It's the freaky one-armed man typing the blog. This is a testament to how much I care about preserving our history and bringing you all up to speed on our life.

So obviously I had another operation on my finger. That makes 3, but who's counting? I'm racking up the punches in my frequent Surgical visits card. Few more and I may get a vasectomy for free. The recovery will be quicker this time. Should have some added functionality back by the time it's over. Just a long throbbing gash for now.

Enough about my plight, on to our happenings. Kes and I got to go to DC for a few days back on the 10th care of Lockheed. I received a President's award and the ceremonies were held downtown at the National Museum for Women in the Arts. No, my award had nothing to do with women in the arts - Javan... We got to go to the temple one day and did some shopping in Alexandria another. Beautiful fall weather. Spent some time doing the Dr. Scholls walking test touring the Mall and the museums and monuments there. I really dig the new WWII one. It was crowded, yet still felt sacred. I've been when it's not so crowded and it's just an amazing reflective experience.

We had a great Thanksgiving here in Kennewick with the Becks. Yummy eats and a lot of fun time together. Good to have Katie and Tyson in town. We trekked over to Mara's in Seattle on Saturday and stayed over for my Surgery on Monday. They are always wonderful hosts. Monday night the snow fell for Monday night football and brought the city to a standstill. The cold set in and roads were bad. We ended up freeloading at Mara's 'til midday Wednesday. It was fun that her kids had snow days and we got more play time. Mostly, I was drugged up and don't recall being too much of a bother.

This was a slow weekend with some Gingerbread house decorating at the Becks. The kids enjoyed a smorgesboard (sp?) of sugary delights and our house turned out rather nicely. Went over to some friends tonight for a game of Settlers of Zerahemla. Kes flexed her gameplaying muscles with a blazing victory. I have taught her well...

Hope you all are living and loving well. Welcome to the Christmas season. We look forward to your cards. Hint. Hint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home