The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

10-29-06


We had a pretty wild weekend as they go around here. I was in Vegas for work most of last week and came home to a lot of backed up responsibility both at home and at work. Fared rather well through it despite a head cold I picked up somewhere amongst the germ infestation that is Las Vegas. I thought it was just an irritated throat from all of the second-hand smoke there, but it's lingered and gestated.

Saturday was a day long sprinkler blow out fundraiser with the scouts. It was intermixed with some pinch-hitting with Keslie here at home while she had a Relief Society Brunch and a photo shoot. The kids had to suffer through our revolving door parenting. They are fairly tolerant. The weather was gorgeous and we got them all made up for a Halloween trunk or treat ward activity. Grayson is a little adorable Dalmation (who-when it's cold enough-will keep his eared hood up). Shani is a bumblebee princess. She gladly buzzes and dances about for anyone willing to part with their candy. They each made a haul as it was a dual-ward event. Trunks galore! Kes took pics in a harvest setting for all the doting parents. I'm told the one of our chillin's isn't so hot. Perhaps I'll attach it anyhow. I'm sure by the time the week's out, we'll have a bunch more candy to add to the trough.

Today has been nice. Except for the wind. I was exiting the shower this morning and casually gazing out the side windows in our bedroom when I see our trampoline come tumbling into view. Further gusts continue to push it across our side yard and smack into the side of our neighbor's house. From there it skidded along the side of their house to round the corner and head into the street. Keslie reacted instantly bringing the scene to a head by grappling the side of it leveraging her body to keep it fast in place...wearing her nylons. My hero. By the time I showed on the scene, her hairdo would've made Don King blush. We were able to stow it back on the shielded side of our house and proceed with our journey to church. I haven't fully assessed the damage. Seems a bit bent.

Well, hope everyone's having a great Halloween. We'll continue to chronicle our doings as best we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home