The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

10/22/06

Grayson's birthday was yesterday. We celebrated with his second party - the first was held at the Houser's in Bountiful last weekend. He's a lucky bloke. We had so much fun last week that we decided to do it again this week on his real birthday. Who wouldn't like a little extra attention? He was cutting two eye teeth, but didn't seem to let that dampen his spirits too much. What a fun little guy. Neither Kes nor I can believe he's ONE!

He's almost walking full time. We catch him taking steps on his own of up to 5 or 6 in a sequence. He's just a bit timid yet, but he'll cross the threshold soon enough and then the chase will officially begin. His was the first case I've ever seen where a one-year old with carte blanche deconstructed his birthday cake using two forks. I was calling him Grayson-fork-hands. He tediously picked and stabbed his way through the whole experience. Kinda boring to watch. I'm not made up of that kind of patience. Don't know where he got it. His sister just dove in with both fists and a fury on her first...

We had a good weekend. I thought I'd have to work a lot and when the servers back East took a maintenance break, I got a free weekend out of it. I'm such a nerd! I can hear my motto now, "I'll sleep when the server's down!" What a geek. The weather was nice for us to clean and be out and about. Spent a lot of time enjoying each other.

Shani recently got a tou-tou (sp?) from grandma Gloria and apparently when it made it's debut at ballet it became the sliding tou-tou during a bunny hop routine that made everyone watching bust up laughing. Fortunately she thought it was funny too. Whew. Complex developing moment averted.

Check out G's vid here and check back often as we write sporadically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home