The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Catching up.

Utah or Bust
Powered by Smilebox
Click to play Make your own Smilebox


I can't seem to keep up with anything this summer so when Shani came into my room at 5:30 this morning and the blissfull sounds of her snoring next to my ear couldn't lull me back to sleep, I decided I'd better just get up and get something done. Judah already penned about our trip to Utah, so I don't really think I'll elaborate...just that we had a great time. We wished it could have been longer so we could have had time to go see everyone we wanted to visit. It was originally longer, but "sudden" business trips and eminent projects loomed so we had to get down there and back in about a little over a week with a 4-day reunion sandwiched in the middle.

WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! That's the real reason life has been a little out of control. The reality of the situation has been crashing down on our shoulders. With Judah being gone so much I get to deal with a lot of it. We have until the end of September to move out and it's a good thing because we're going to need every second of it! We found the "almost" perfect house for us. The situation was great; you know-desperate sellers. After the deal falling through once and us stepping in to make it possible, the papers are signed-yeah!

Besides photography and Judah tripping back to DC and LA and Denver and whoever else knows where on almost a weekly basis, we're aren't getting much else done.

I'm going to get all bloggy now.

I've never looked forward to end of summer before because it's my favorite time of year. This year it's so...I am actually glad bathing suit weather is almost past and popsicles will soon be put away for another 8 months. I'm looking forward to pumpkins and Halloween and cool weather and sweaters and leaves falling and School starting (hooray-am I a bad mom?). Maybe I'm maturing and finding joy in all seasons. I hope that's what it is. Maybe it's just the fact that school is starting and my overactive daughter who idolizes her preschool teacher will have stuff and to do and maybe...just maybe will stop asking me if she can watch TV day in and day out. Do your kids do that?

That's all for now.

Here are some old pictures I've been meaning to post:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home