The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sundays and Bees...

My friend Megan and I were just talking about how Blogs were only good if you kept them updated....I started feeling a little guilty. I was doing so well before the baby was born.

We're all doing good. Judah just got called to the stake young men's presidency so I'm back in full swing as the poor picked on single mother. Do you feel bad for me yet, because it only get's worse. The first Sunday I was by myself, my kids decided to test my endurance. Let's just say the congregation got to hear just how loud and shrill Grayson could scream. I had run out quickly because Maylie purged and the diaper wasn't holding. I was trying to get Grayson to come with me. He kept telling me "NO", so I asked the family behind me to watch the two older ones. I was almost to the Mother's Lounge (which is a good distance from the Chapel) when the screaming started. Grayson had realized that I'd left. I quickly ran back towards the chapel and met my hysterical son who being chased by the father of the family that was sitting behind us. That was probably the low of the day. I think I'm supposed to say right now that I'm very grateful for the opportunity for Judah to serve...

Shani is on this kick right now where she tells me "When I'm a mother, I'm going to let my kids stay up as late as they want." "When I'm a mother, I'm going to buy my kids whatever toys they want." You get the idea. I keep telling her I'm going to write them all down and then when she really is a mother, we'll see if she lives up to her promises. I can't wait!
I've rambled enough. Here are a few pics.
Love, US
This pic is classic. My little brother has a picture almost like it with my little sister. We've used it as blackmail his entire life. My poor son. I like the second one. I call it his "spinny" picture.




Snow Day: After I saw this pic, I promptly went out and bought shani new Snow Pants. The 3T's were not longer cutting it on my almost 5year old.




3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

No guilt associated with me please. . .but I do love to see your pictures and keep up. So, sorry about the poor, picked on mother!
you are hilarious

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Lesley said...

So cute Kes! I love those pictures! Sorry about your Sunday! I have to admit though, that story was kinda funny! Your new house looks so nice!

1:48 PM

 
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm sorry it was such a bad day at church. My kids always scream when it is dead silent so everyone can hear. I love the picture of Grayson in the bee costume. Every time I paint Alyssa's fingernails my boys want their painted too.

4:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home