Mushy Brain
I hate it that I have to say "wow, it's been a while" everytime I update the blog, but here goes...."Wow, it's been QUITE a while". I do have to say in my own defense however, I've started several entries, they just never got finished.
Do you ever have this problem?
-You sit down to your computer to do a simple task like update your blog.
-You see a bill that's almost overdue, so you decide to quickly pay it.
-Your son comes running in the room shrieking at the top of his lungs because his sister has eaten one of his cheerios.
-You get up from your chair to get the situation resolved
-You walk into the kitchen, just in time to see your daughter accidently dumping her glass of juice.
-You clean up the mess and take the rags upstairs to the laundry only to realize that you forgot you had put a load in the washer the night before and it needs to be put in the dryer.
-That's when you recall that you still have three loads of laundry sitting on your bed so you head over there to "quickly" finish up.
-The phone rings and it's someone reminding you of some task that you said you would do, but haven't done yet. -You are franticallly trying to complete that task.
-Your children are shrieking for snacks attention, whatever
-Blogging is long forgotten. By the time you get back to your computer your train of thought has been trampled and you have to start over...wait-do you hear the phone ringing?
By now my brain has been turned to mush.
Am I the only one? My life exists around disorder and chaos, but I swear it's not my fault. I am only sitting down tonight because I'm ignoring a PILE of work and Judah is in Germany or London....somewhere in the UK, so he's not "bugging" (said very lovingly) me.
Updates on us: We're doing pretty well. We all wish Judah could spend a little more time at home but then again don't all wives wish that. Judah has been traveling quite a bit and as I mentioned above, is currently in Europe. I think Grayson takes it the hardest. He is a child that requires lots of attention and doesn't get his fill when I'm single-parenting-it. He's been especiallly bad this time around.
Shani just had her 5th Birthday. I can't believe she's so old. I kept telling her she wasn't allowed to turn 5. We let her have her first birthday party. We rented the swimming pool at the Holiday Inn Express. We invited quite a few people because I figured only about half would probably show...not so! There were so many people there. It was chaos. Shani enjoyed being the princess for a day so I don't regret it.
Last weekend, I went to Boise with my mom, my sister Necia, and my sisters-in-law Lauren, and Katie. It was so good to see everyone. We had three babies with us, so it probably wasn't as relaxing as it could have been, but it was amazing. I took Maylie with me, but she was a gem. I'll always cherish the memories of the special time I got to spend with just her. All mother's should get away even if it's just for a few days so the can appreciate their children a little more.
GIRL TIME. WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!
A FEW PICTURES FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT.
MAY'S FIRST FOOD EXPERIENCE. SHE WAS A TANK!


I came upstairs and caught G in this getup. He enjoys wearing heels. I think he needs more male influences in his life-although, if you can't tell, those are Army socks. The masculinity has been restored!
One of the the most adorable pictures I've seen (it could be my mommy goggles)
COUSINS ARE THE GREATEST!
GRANDMA AND GRANDPA HOUSER'S HOUSE IN IDAHO



7 Comments:
I totally know how you feel Kes and I only have one kid right now! Pretty pathetic huh?! Cute pictures! I am glad that you were able to get away and have a little girls weekend. That is a cute picture of all of you! You look great! Hope all is going well!
1:21 PM
I think that you are amazing to be surviving as a mom of three kids with a husband away. Your kids are so cute. I hope that you can get all that stuff done so we can get more posts from you!!!
10:19 PM
Kes! It was good to read an update from you! As I was reading your list of distractions, I thought, "Does she secretly watch me during the day?" That's exactly how my days go and by the end of it I feel that nothing's been done. Well, hang in there (like Heidi said, I don't know how you handle your husband being gone a lot...you're a saint). Thanks for sharing!
12:49 PM
Hey you! I loved your little vignette about blogging. That is so typical to life with little kids. I love you guys; your babies are wonderful and we miss you. See you in June! Mara
9:43 AM
Hey Kes,
Yes. I don't have quite the same distractions, but I go through the same cycles. Showing my lack of keeping in touch, but what's Judah doing over my direction?
12:56 PM
Hi Kes - the Rogers have the same problem. Though I committed myself to once a week, it's been difficult at best.
But then, I don't have the amazing photography that you have - every photo is perfect. And I'm sure it's all the photographer. Perhaps you could help us??? What's the name of the training book for Photoshop that you recommended to Suzanne???
1:31 PM
I have more mush for a brain than you because on top of the chaos, I have pregnant brain too! I am often re-washing loads of laundry because I forgot them too long.
7:35 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home