The Blog Journal for the Houser family of Washington.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day



Just a quick update. As today is Mother's Day, my loving husband went of his way to make it a special and relaxing day for me. I enjoyed all my kid's sweet kisses handmade, cards, gifts and all-around special treatment. I just wanted to let all the Mother's in my life how much I love and appreciate them. Mom-You are the greatest and a wonderful example of a patient and caring mother and grandmother. My children adore you. Gloria-my other mother, I love and appreciate you and your outlook and zest for life so much. My children also adore you. Thank you to both of you.

That being said. Yesterday was picture day for us. My business partner Billie, graciously agreed to take the pictures. I have to say-NOW I KNOW! I can't believe how much I agonized over what we were going to wear. I must have bought ten different outfits for each person, then took them all back and started all over again. Finally, with the outfits decided came the hair, jewelry and shoe decisions. I ironed, bathed, primped, etc. only to get out of the car at the park to find wrinkly clothes and messed up hair. At all of my shoots, I tell the parents that it's only natural for the kids to get tired of taking pictures and to expect some misbehavior. You'd think I'd take my own words to heart. No. Not me. By the time we were done with pictures, I was trying very hard (and probably failing) to control my temper. I haven't seen the finished products yet, but let's hope there's some good ones, because I don't think I could do that again. Kudos to all those parents who do it every year!

I'll post some when I see them.

Speaking of photography, part of the reason I started this site was for SHAMELESS ADVERTISING! I haven't been uploading many of my shoots, but here's an especially sweet little guy. I can't believe the eye contact I was getting!



That's it for now. Happy Mother's Day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mara said...

Now you know our pain. :) Its a different story on the OTHER side of the camera, eh? Glad to hear you are all doing well. We miss you and can't wait to see here in a few weeks! Love, Mara

11:22 PM

 
Blogger Megan said...

great pics. i am dying to see how your family photos turn out. I have never done a family photo because I can't decide on anything or every get us all looking nice at the same time. . .

7:48 PM

 
Blogger Pacefamily said...

Keslie- The pictures were so cute! We check on you guys all the time, and I am always so excited when you write! I know it's not easy to find the time. Can't wait to see your family pics! We miss you guys!

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Kimberly said...

I agree with the family picture thing, it is so much stress. The problem we seem to have is that when we schedule pictures to be taken one of the kids seems to get a bump or bruise on their face the day before. I'm sure that your pictures will look great. And for the pictures you took, they look awesome. I love how the baby is looking right at you and smiling when his dad is holding him.

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home