Normal Mormon Hubby is on the spot!
So I was on Goodreads the other day. For those of you who don't know what Goodreads is; it's a website where you can review books and look at books your friends are reviewing. (Email me if you want an invite from me). So many people are reading the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I must confess, I have read all three. I would have to say the writing style is mediocre, but the idea is very unique and fresh. Anyway, I can't get over the mania. So many people-women mostly, are going gaga over these books. From Goodreads, I found a link to some fan site where there was a forum discussing what Bella's engagement ring looked like. From there, I followed a link to a site that is ACTUALLY manufacturing this ring. It comes in three different classes; Fashion, Fine and Genuine. Some girls were considering buying this ring as their actual engagement ring! This is my question. How stupid are they going to feel 20 years from now? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this phenominon will continue forever.
So I think I got this link from one of my friends blogs, but it's just so dang funny. It's some guy commenting on the Twilight serious.
http://mormonhusbands.blogspot.com/2008/02/twilight-series-for-dummies-and-totally.html
Enjoy.

2 Comments:
I had a lump for high school graduation last week and it wasn;t even my kid. Miss S. keeps saying that she wants to be 6 and that statement alone makes me feel sad--she is already growing up so fast!
11:19 PM
I can't agree with you more! They were entertaining, but not worth all of the hype! People are obsessive and crazy and have way too much time on their hands!! They'll regret it!
11:31 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home